Happy 1st Birthday to 3 in 30 Podcast!
Over this last year, I have interacted with hundreds of women because of this podcast, and I've come away with one major takeaway: Every single woman has remarkable wisdom to share. And when we own our gifts, everyone around us is better for it.
So to mark the 1st Birthday of the podcast, I am hosting a #my3in30 Birthday Celebration, and I want YOU to be a part of it, as we recognize our wisdom and celebrate the wisdom of the women around us.
How to Participate
1) Come up with your own 3 Takeaways.
- Think about your unique life experiences, parenting challenges, natural abilities, and personal passions. This brainstorm will help you narrow down a topic that you could teach about. (And if you don't think you have anything to share, you are wrong. I will fight you--and hug you--on this. YOU have something valuable to share. See list of 20 ideas below!)
- Once you have a topic, write down 3 Takeaways that you could share with other women.
2) Share your 3 Takeaways on social media anytime between Wednesday, October 17 and Wednesday, October 31.
- Take a photo of you holding up 3 fingers, and share your Takeaways in your caption and/or on your Stories.
- Use the hashtag #my3in30, so others participating in the challenge can see your ideas!
- Tag me @3in30podcast!
- If your account is private, be sure to send me a screenshot of your post, otherwise I won't see it!
- When you share with me, you will be automatically entered to win a Brightbox, personalized for 3 in 30. I will be sending out 60 at the end of the month! (See more about our sponsor below!)
3) Host "A Gathering of Takeaways."
- To take it to the next level, invite a group of women to come together in person and each share 3 Takeaways on any topic relating to motherhood or womanhood.
- Personalize these gatherings any way that you would like to. You decide on the time of day, the location (a park or restaurant is great if you can't host in your home), the refreshments, etc.
- IMPORTANT: If you are interested in possibly hosting A Gathering of Takeaways, please email us at email@example.com, and we will send you a party pack!
- Party Pack will include a sample text invite to send to your friends, a script for hosting the evening, and a beautiful notes sheet you can print off for your guests.
- Be sure to share photos and videos with me on Instagram @3in30podcast or by email firstname.lastname@example.org!
How to identify your Takeaways
YOU have hard-won wisdom from the challenges you've overcome, the circumstances you've faced as a mom, the natural gifts you were born with, and the passions and hobbies that you participate in.
Here's a list of possible Takeaway Topics to get you started thinking!
- 3 Children’s Books that Teach About Bravery
- 3 Reasons to Give Yourself Grace as a New Mom
- Signs of Prenatal Depression and What to Do About It
- Holiday Traditions that Don’t Involve Pinterest
- 3 Tools for Supporting Your Kids Through a Loss
- 3 Games to Play on Road Trips
- How to Stay Patient with Toddlers
- 3 Meals You Can Get on the Table in 20 Minutes or Less
- How to Support a Spouse in a Stressful Job
- Daily Rituals to Strengthen Your Family Culture
- Plan-Ahead Hacks that Help Packing for a Trip Go Smoother
- Why You Should Have a Daily Skincare Routine
- 3 Microadventures to Take with Young Kids
- 3 Tools for Managing Expectations
- 3 Books that Will Help You Connect with Your Preteen
- Why it’s Never Too Late to Limit Screen Time
- Helping Sports-Loving Kids Have Balance
- Ideas to Make Hosting be Less Stressful and Something You Look Forward To
- 3 Poems for the New Mom
- How to Support Single Parents
- 3 Podcasts for Book Lovers
- Making Movie Nights an Experience the Whole Family Can Bond Over
Use those ideas as a jumping off point and personalize according to YOUR wisdom and experiences. Takeaways can be fun and light-hearted or serious and weighty.
I truly cannot wait to hear your Takeaways!
About our Sponsor
Brightbox is the easy, affordable way to send happy mail! This small business, founded by a mama of two littles (with another baby on the way!), delivers custom care packages to the people you love. No need to go to Target to get the stuff or to the post office to mail it--Brightbox does it for you with just a few simple clicks! Hallelujah!
Affordable pricing ranges from $5-$15. Check out the options here.
For 10% off, use the code 3IN30 at checkout!
Thank you so much, Brightbox, for sponsoring the 3 in 30 Birthday Celebration!