In this episode, you will hear Rachel…
- Sing Destiny’s Child (I wish I were kidding)
- Model how to ask someone how they are doing without pity in your voice
- Praise the hero who cleaned her bathroom when she had kidney stones
AND SO MUCH MORE.
You don’t want to miss this episode, which is an extension of last week’s podcast on “How to Be a Good Friend, Instead of Being Friendly.”
If you love people, and you want to love people better, this is something you will want to listen to.
Sign up for the monthly printables: 3in30podcast.com
Order a little “follow up” gift: TheBrightBoxes.com
Previous Episodes Referred to In This Episode:
How to Be a Friend, Instead of Just Being Friendly: http://3in30podcast.com/friendship/
How to Support Someone Who is Grieving: http://3in30podcast.com/grief/
Three Messages of Hope for the Darkest Times: http://3in30podcast.com/hope/
As mothers, this can be a hard stage of life to find and maintain meaningful friendships.
Many of us feel busy and overwhelmed–barely managing the needs of our own families.
Opportunities to connect with other women might feel scarce, depending on the ages and needs of our children.
Sometimes it’s just easier to give a friendly wave or a quick hello in the hallway at church than to invest in a real friendship with someone.
In this week’s episode, Brooke Romney, a mother of four and a professional writer, shares totally doable ways that we can be good friends to other women, even if we are busy, shy, or maxed out on life.
Brooke discusses each of the following takeaways, offering concrete ideas within each:
1) Take advantage of small opportunities to build connection by simply being present wherever we are.
2) Follow the advice that we give our children about being a good friend.
3) Don’t wait for life conditions to be perfect before extending friendship to others.
Don’t miss this conversation where we learn how to go beyond just being friendly, to start being real friends.
-Brooke’s website: http://brookeromney.com/
-Brooke’s article in the Deseret News: “It’s Time to Stop Being Friendly and Start Being a Friend”
-Rachel’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/3in30podcast/
-Brooke’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/brookeromneywrites/