Feeding difficulties with kids can be stressful. From picky eaters to diagnosed biological eating challenges, feeding your family can be harder than anticipated.
On this episode, guest Holly Young teaches us what she has learned from the past 10 years of working diligently to learn how to help her children eat, and overcome many obstacles.
Holly’s children have overcome feeding difficulties because she sought tools and education from specialists, and she was consistent in doing what she needed to do at home, day after day, to help them learn to eat.
What a gift to them, and it motivates me to slow down the pace of my life so I can be a bit more deliberate about helping my kids learn to be good eaters.
Three Takeaways (for feeding difficulties)
1) Remember that there are 32 steps to eating. If you have a child who is very resistant to eating, start with a low step and slowly move up.
2) Children are fighting for autonomy, so let your children help make decisions about food.
3) Teach your child basic nutrition.
Click here to view the full transcript.
I’m so excited to tell you that I will be teaching 4 free online classes this month about podcasting with my dear friend Monica Packer, host of the podcast About Progress.
Last year, Monica and I founded Podcast U, an online school for busy moms who want to start and grow impactful podcasts, and we have loved it.
Did you know that when I started 3 in 30, I had no social media presence, no blog or business experience–I was just a stay-at-home mom who loved to teach and felt drawn to podcasting. Only 2.5 years later, this show has over 1.5 million downloads and is listened to by tens of thousands of mothers every week.
I still can’t believe it, and I am so grateful for the journey that I have been on thanks to 3 in 30.
If you are a mother who is feeling the tug to start a podcast–or if you already have a show and you’re wanting it to reach more people–please join us for one of our free classes this month. Your voice and message are so important, and I’d love to be your cheerleader and help you learn the skills you need to amplify your voice and get it into homes all over the world.
If I can be a podcaster, you can be a podcaster, and I’d love to teach you how. To find out the dates for those free online classes and to reserve your seat, please go to 3in30podcast.com/podcastu. I can’t wait to see you in one of the classes!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Show:
- Podcast U free classes
- Holly Young on instagram
- Email Holly Young: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SOS Approach to Feeding
- Food group plates
Other Episodes You Might Be Interested In:
- Episode 027: 3 Battles You Can Let Your Child Win // Lisa Andersen
- Episode 072: Making Peace With Food (And Yourself) Through Intuitive Eating // Taryn Palmer, Rdn, Ld
- Episode 061: Avoiding Bedtime Battles // Marietta Paxson, Lmft
- Episode 037: Teaching Children To Work Without Being A Drill Sergeant // Danielle Porter