Today is National 3 in 30 Day! (Yes that’s made up…but seriously, it’s 3/30! We need to do something to celebrate!)
In this week’s special episode, my 3 team members each share three takeaways for how they are surviving the weirdness of coronavirus and a family quarantine–how they are managing their kids and their mental health and trying to make it through a really difficult situation.
I will also discuss what it has been like for my family after learning that Ryan and I both contracted Covid-19.
If you want to feel less alone right now, listen to this episode. I know you will hear from a mom that you can relate to.
Three Takeaways from Hannah Winslow on how to enjoy quarantine
- Try something new
- Keep celebrating
- Record it
Three Takeaways from Molly Alexander on coping skills when you’re feeling low
- Add the phrase “…and that’s okay” at the end of a difficult thought.
- Use “stepladder” thinking to get yourself to a different thought.
- Loosen your grip on what you MUST do to be happy.
Three Takeaways from Christy Elder on things your kids can do by themselves..
- Creative playtime
- 1-hour quiet time
- Helping with daily cleaning (zones)
This episode is brought to us by one of my kids’ favorite podcasts, Goodnight Stories for Rebel Girls.
Each episode of this podcast features the story of a different female pioneer, creator, champion, leader, and warrior from history,
To inspire the little Rebel Girl (or Boy!) in your life, go and find Goodnight Stories for Rebel Girls on your favorite podcast player.
Don’t forget to write a review for the podcast this week! Here is how:
Other Episodes You Might Be Interested In:
- Episode 33: How To Get Your Kids To Do Quiet Time
- Episode 087: My 3 In 30: How To Find Joy With Your Children This Summer // Molly Callister, Elisa Hunter, Julie Tobi
- Episode 103: “My 3 In 30”: The Happy Birthday Edition