Ralphie Jacobs is the founder of Simply on Purpose, a positive parenting educational company where the heart of the work is focusing on the good, so the good gets better. Ralphie teaches hundreds of thousands of parents around the world through her Instagram, workshops and audio courses — about looking for the good in their kids, so the good can get better.
You’re going to get a taste of the principles taught in Ralphie Jacobs’ audio course today, and if you decide it’s something like you’d like to learn more about, I truly can’t recommend her audio courses highly enough.
For parents who are ready to invest in creating a more positive home environment for their children, her courses are on sale this week only!
-Ralphie Jacobs’ 3 Takeaways for Helping your Kids Behave Well-
- Use positive reinforcement to strengthen desirable behaviors. In other words, water the flowers, not the weeds! Instead of focusing your energy on the negative behaviors, focus on creating positive associations with behaving well.
- Try redirection to teach children what they can do to get their needs met (instead of focusing on what you don’t want them to do). As you do this, you give them tools and skills for the future as well.
- Create positive behavioral momentum within your home through playfulness and connection. If we can get the momentum going in a positive direction with our kids, they will most likely continue going that way.
>>>Will you try any of these tips from Ralphie Jacobs? What would you add to her takeaways? Tell us in the comments below!
BetterHelp, the world’s largest provider of therapy, done 100% online.
If you feel you might need counseling but are hesitant, nervous, or embarassed to invest in yourself this way, let me assure you that going to counseling will be a gift to your entire family. As you get stronger, so will your family.
BetterHelp is so convenient for busy moms, and you can get 10% off your first month, by going to betterhelp.com/3in30.
I am so excited to introduce you to Jane.Com, our newest sponsor of the podcast. Have you ever heard of Jane? It’s a highly-curated, online boutique marketplace featuring the latest in women’s fashion trends, accessories, home decor, children’s clothing, and more called Jane.Com.
If you are interested in checking out what Jane.com has to offer, they actually helped me create a curated shop page especially for 3 in 30 listeners with some of my favorite items displayed. Go to jane.com/3in30.
-Get in touch with Ralphie Jacobs!-
-Links Mentioned in Today’s Show-
- Simply on Purpose Audio Courses
- Get Ralphie Jacobs’ wooden sign here: “When you focus on the good, the good gets better.”
-Related Episodes you might be interested in if you like this episode from Ralphie Jacobs-
004: HOW TO STOP YELLING AT YOUR KIDS // RALPHIE JACOBS OF SIMPLY ON PURPOSE
026: HOW TO PRAISE YOUR CHILD WHEN IT FEELS LIKE THERE IS NOTHING TO PRAISE // TONY OVERBAY, LICENSED MARRIAGE & FAMILY THERAPIST
037: TEACHING CHILDREN TO WORK WITHOUT BEING A DRILL SERGEANT // DANIELLE PORTER
-Additional Resources from 3 in 30 Podcast-
- Order your copy of the Flecks of Gold Journal, a three-year journal to help you gather the golden moments within your motherhood!
- Join our community of heart-fueled mothers on Instagram!
- For a monthly recap of ALL of the takeaways from the month, sign up here.