Summer is such a magical time with our families, but it can also be an exhausting time for many of us, and now that it’s the end of June and we are well into summer, many of us might be craving a more peaceful, structured daily routine. I hope today’s episode will be helpful!
I am thrilled to be interviewing Felica Allen, a mom of four and one of the founders of the Find the Magic Podcast, where she and her co-hosts explore how to be more peaceful, authentic, and joyful in parenting and personal development. Felica and I discuss some key ideas for developing a daily rhythm that nourishes us and blesses our families.
– 3 Takeaways for Implementing Peaceful Routines with Kids –
- Prepare your schedule. At least once a week, it’s important to look ahead and get a birds eye view of what is coming up for your family and what you’d like to accomplish over the next few days. And include some margin so that you can focus on relationships instead of rushing.
- Build in “you time.” This is important to schedule as well, or it just won’t happen. Whatever time works best for you, carve out pockets of peace throughout your day. Plan for them and protect them.
- Coexist with your children instead of feeling pressured to entertain them all the time. Give them meaningful work to do to contribute to the family, allow them to get bored and therefore get creative, and involve them where you can in your tasks for work, for homecare, and for hobbies.
>>>Are these tips about peaceful routines with kids helpful? What would you add to her takeaways? Tell us in the comments below.
June episodes are brought to you by Bravery Magazine, an incredible quarterly print publication for children ages 6-12. Each issue centers around a strong female role model and includes original stories, fun DIY’s, hand-on STEAM activities, and more.
I am so excited to introduce you to Jane.Com, our newest sponsor of the podcast. Have you ever heard of Jane? It’s a highly-curated, online boutique marketplace featuring the latest in women’s fashion trends, accessories, home decor, children’s clothing, and more called Jane.Com.
If you are interested in checking out what Jane.com has to offer, they actually helped me create a curated shop page especially for 3 in 30 listeners with some of my favorite items displayed. Go to jane.com/3in30.
-Get in touch with Felica Allen-
- Instagram: @felicaallen
- Podcast Instagram: @findthemagicpodcast
- Website: Findthemagic.co
-Mentioned in the Episode – Resources for Peaceful Routines with Kids –
- Miracle Mornings by Hal Elrod
- Getting Things Done by David Allen
-Related Episodes you might be interested in if you like this episode about keeping kids safe around water –
144: MAKE OVER YOUR MORNING ROUTINES // CRYSTAL PAINE OF MONEY SAVING MOM
083: ARE KIDS TODAY HARDER THAN THEY WERE IN THE PAST? // KATHERINE REYNOLDS LEWIS
084: THE 3 CS OF TRANSFORMATIVE DISCIPLINE // PART 2 WITH KATHERINE REYNOLDS LEWIS
007: HOW TO CREATE A MORE PEACEFUL HOME // CATE JOHNSON
033: HOW TO GET YOUR KIDS TO DO QUIET TIME
-Additional Resources from 3 in 30 Podcast-
- Order your copy of the Flecks of Gold Journal, a three-year journal to help you gather the golden moments within your motherhood!
- Join our community of heart-fueled mothers on Instagram!
- For a monthly recap of ALL of the takeaways from the month, sign up here.