It seems like crazy emergencies will never happen to us, but they can. At any moment! And we need to be prepared so we know what to do to protect our families and our homes to the best of our ability.
If you’ve felt an urge to get more prepared, but you haven’t known where to start because it feels too overwhelming, too expensive, or just too much for your busy-mom schedule, today’s episode is for you. I am thrilled to be interviewing Melanie Papworth, founder of the website Plan for Awesome. Melanie is a mom of 4 and a step-mom of 3, and her mission is to help busy moms simplify emergency preparedness for their families. This episode is NOT intended to make anyone feel scared or anxious–in fact, it’s just the opposite. Because when we are prepared, we can relax, knowing that if the worst should happen, we will be ready.
– 3 Takeaways from Melanie Papworth to Prepare your Family for Emergencies –
- Start with the basics. That might be figuring out how to turn off your water and gas and ordering the tool on Amazon to do it, or having a quick conversation with your kids about where they could go and who they could contact in case of an emergency.
- Don’t let money stop you. If you don’t have it in your budget right now to gather a bunch of supplies, then just start with gathering information. This doesn’t have to be hard or expensive.
- Team up with a friend to do emergency preparedness together. You two can support each other in the physical tasks required with a project like this, AND it will be especially helpful with accountability and motivation.
>>>Are these tips from Melanie Papworth helpful? What would you add to her takeaways? Tell us in the comments below.
BetterHelp, the world’s largest provider of therapy, done 100% online.
If you feel you might need counseling but are hesitant, nervous, or embarassed to invest in yourself this way, let me assure you that going to counseling will be a gift to your entire family. As you get stronger, so will your family.
BetterHelp is so convenient for busy moms, and you can get 10% off your first month, by going to betterhelp.com/3in30.
I am so excited to introduce you to Jane.Com, our newest sponsor of the podcast. Have you ever heard of Jane? It’s a highly-curated, online boutique marketplace featuring the latest in women’s fashion trends, accessories, home decor, children’s clothing, and more called Jane.Com.
If you are interested in checking out what Jane.com has to offer, they actually helped me create a curated shop page especially for 3 in 30 listeners with some of my favorite items displayed. Go to jane.com/3in30.
-Get in touch with Melanie Papworth-
-Resources Mentioned in the Episode –
- Join me in Melanie’s course: planforawesome.com/polo — Use the code 3IN30 for 30% off!
- Link to gas shut-off tool: https://amzn.to/3AUMx3d
-Related Episodes you might be interested in if you like this episode from Melanie Papworth –
- 036: MOMMING LIKE A BOSS: USING CORPORATE LEADERSHIP STRATEGIES IN OUR HOMES // WHITNEY ARCHIBALD OF ‘HOW SHE MOMS’
- 070: HOW TO HELP YOUR KIDS HAVE A GREAT EXPERIENCE AT THE DOCTOR // SHANNON TRIPP, RN
- HOW TO ACCOMPLISH BIG PROJECTS IN YOUR (RARE) SPARE MOMENTS AS A MOM // APRIL PERRY OF LEARN DO BECOME
-Additional Resources from 3 in 30 Podcast-