Are you an adventuring family or a stay-at-home-and-get-stuff-done family? I sometimes fall into the latter category (I love my to-do lists!), but whenever I muster up the energy to take my children on an adventure, I never regret it. We seem to grow closer to each other and make more lasting memories when we discover the world together.
On today’s episode, Chamaine Wallenzein, the founder of Wandering Families and a mother of five children, gives us practical tips and tricks for how and why to adventure with our families.
And if you’re not a hiker or camper, don’t worry–this episode is still for you! Chamaine and I discuss how an adventure is any type of shared experience that is out of the ordinary–and you can totally tailor that according to your family culture!
Listen in to this wise and spunky mama, and be inspired to build in more opportunities for connection and memories with your family!
– 3 Takeaways for Cultivating an Adventure Mindset –
- Create opportunities to learn how to be adventurous. Start with small adventures close to home to build up your kids’ (and your!) confidence. Let your kids take physical risks such as climbing and exploring. As you start to adventure together, you will get better and better at it.
- Create a family culture of adventure. Figure out what you love to do together and make that part of your adventures, regardless of whether or not those experiences occur outdoors.
- Create a seasonal bucket list. Brainstorm with your kids, get some adventures on the calendar, and, perhaps most importantly, do some research before you go so it will be a good experience for everyone! You can use Google, Pinterest, Instagram hashtags, and even Direct Message strangers to ask more about family opportunities and adventures.
>>>Are these tips about having an adventure mindset helpful? What would you add to her takeaways? Tell us in the comments below.
We are coming up on the 4th birthday of the podcast this fall, and I would love YOUR input and feedback as I plan for the future of 3 in 30! I’ve put together a brief, 10-question survey. Will you please fill it out? Go to 3in30podcast.com/survey!
Befitting combines the skill of a seasoned stylist with technology to provide you with personalized frame recommendations that suit your unique look and style. Use the code 3IN30OFFER for 20% off sitewide at befitting.com, plus Free Shipping. **Please note this offer excludes Ray-Ban and Oakley
Jane is a highly-curated, online boutique marketplace featuring the latest in women’s fashion trends, accessories, home decor, children’s clothing, and more. To see my favorite deals, go to jane.com/3in30.
-Get in touch with Chamaine-
- Chamaine’s website: http://www.wanderingfamilies.com/
- Instagram: @wanderingfamilies
-Mentioned in the Episode – Resources for Cultivating an Adventure Mindset –
- How to Raise a Wild Child: The Art and Science of Falling in Love with Nature by Scott Sampson
- Timbernook (outdoor sensory play program)
-Related Episodes you might be interested in if you like this episode about cultivating an adventure mindset –
- 173: Adventuring With Your Kids // Naomi Davis Of Love Taza
- 023: How To Stop Looking At Your Phone And Why It Matters // Dr. Katie Penry, Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- 128: How To Get Your Kids To Play Outside & Why It Matters // Angela Hanscom
-Additional Resources from 3 in 30 Podcast-
- Order your copy of the Flecks of Gold Journal, a three-year journal to help you gather the golden moments within your motherhood!
- Join our community of heart-fueled mothers on Instagram!
- For a monthly recap of ALL of the takeaways from the month, sign up here.