Whether you’ve made a move this summer or you’ve lived in the same area for 10 years, this episode has takeaways for you! Jessica Dahlquist, the host of The Extraordinary Moms Podcast, shares how to feel more “at home,” love where you live, and how to reach out to others to make meaningful friendships.
Jessica is a genius at connecting with others, and I know you will be inspired to make simple changes in your life that will help you to “bloom where you’re planted.”
Listen in, and be sure to share this episode with any friends who are looking to build a community and love where they live.
– 3 Takeaways for Loving Where you Live –
- Decide ahead of time you are going to be happy. Speak words of faith, not of fact. You will see what you are looking for.
- Be the friend you would want, and create the invitation you would like to receive. I loved Jessica’s idea of throwing a “Hearty Party” for Valentines Day, and if you are new to the area and don’t anyone, you could always ask someone else to make the guest list.
- Incorporate the familiar in your new surroundings. Deliberately use your five sense to create the atmosphere you want, such as baking your favorite bread pudding every Sunday to bring the feeling of home.
>>>Are these tips about what to do to love where you live? What would you add to her takeaways? Tell us in the comments below.
Sign up for my free mini-course on “How to Love Motherhood as Much as you Love your Children”! Go to 3in30podcast.com/learn.
Befitting combines the skill of a seasoned stylist with technology to provide you with personalized frame recommendations that suit your unique look and style. Use the code 3IN30OFFER for 20% off sitewide at befitting.com, plus Free Shipping. **Please note this offer excludes Ray-Ban and Oakley
Jane is a highly-curated, online boutique marketplace featuring the latest in women’s fashion trends, accessories, home decor, children’s clothing, and more. To see my favorite deals, go to jane.com/3in30.
-Get in touch with Jessica-
-Mentioned in the Episode about Loving Where you Live-
- -My episode on Jessica’s podcast, The Extraordinary Moms Podcast: https://extraordinarymomspodcast.com/3in30/
-Related Episodes you might be interested in if you like this episode about loving where you live–
- 021: Three Easy but Impactful Ways to Deepen Relationships with Others
- 007: How to Create a More Peaceful Home // Cate Johnson
- 020: How to Be a Friend Instead of Just Being Friendly // Brooke Romney
-Additional Resources from 3 in 30 Podcast-