Close your eyes and envision your ideal morning with your children. Would you get up before them or wait for them to crawl into bed with you? What routines would you have in place to limit chaos and contention?
Now work backwards and envision, step-by-step, what you would need to do the night before in order to make your ideal morning a possibility.
If this seems like a far off dream, I get it. Mornings are some of the hardest times in our house (and I am too embarrassed to tell you how many tardies my son had last school year!). But today’s guest has given me hope that our home and our routines can be much more organized this year!
This is an encore episode from several years ago with my dear friend, Mika Perry. Mika is a former professional organizer turned online educator and mom of 3 girls who has so many tips for a more calm, intentional, and peaceful life. I know you will find Mika’s tips for creating routines super motivating as we head into a new school year.
– 3 Takeaways for Creating Back to School Routines –
1. Create calm mornings with a solid night routine.
2. Implement simple solutions for all the paper – and you’re still a great mom if you throw it away
3. Create zones in your home and in your schedule to help eliminate decision fatigue and create predictability
>>>Are these tips about back-to-school routines helpful? What would you add to her takeaways? Tell us in the comments below.
Sign up for my free mini-course on “How to Love Motherhood as Much as you Love your Children”! Go to 3in30podcast.com/learn.
Befitting combines the skill of a seasoned stylist with technology to provide you with personalized frame recommendations that suit your unique look and style. Use the code 3IN30OFFER for 20% off sitewide at befitting.com, plus Free Shipping. **Please note this offer excludes Ray-Ban and Oakley
Jane is a highly-curated, online boutique marketplace featuring the latest in women’s fashion trends, accessories, home decor, children’s clothing, and more. To see my favorite deals, go to jane.com/3in30.
-Get in touch with Mika-
-Mentioned in the Episode about Back-to-School Routines-
-Related Episodes you might be interested in if you like this episode about back-to-school routines–
- 188: How To Develop A Peaceful Routine With Kids // Felica Allen of Find The Magic Podcast
- 144: Make Over Your Morning Routines // Crystal Paine Of Money Saving Mom
- 007: How To Create A More Peaceful Home // Cate Johnson
-Additional Resources from 3 in 30 Podcast-