Today’s guest is LaTasha Ferguson, had two daughters in her teens and was a single mother for many years and then later married a wonderful man and has had two more daughters. So she has four girls, ranging in age from 22 to 7. LaTasha is a passionate educator who has taught high school English, special education, and now works in administration as a director of instruction. In September of 2020, she launched a podcast—Overcome to Become--where she helps women do the heart work they need to do in order to overcome, own their story, and live authentically. I know you are going to love this inspiring woman!
- 3 Takeaways to Overcome Single-Mom Guilt -
- Take time to work on yourself so you are parenting from a place of love and wholeness and not bitterness. Remember, negative feelings that you have about yourself or your situation will bleed out and impact your most important relationships, so it is worth it to do the work to heal these parts of you!
- Don’t allow guilt to keep you from Implementing healthy boundaries for your children. It can be easy to spoil your kids or become too permissive if you feel badly about the situation your family is in or if you just don’t have a lot of mental bandwidth to be consistent. But our children need us to be sturdy!
- Allow others to help you and remember that it truly takes a village. Set that pride aside and be honest with the people around you about how you are struggling and accept their offers of help. Remember, you are nurturing your children through the people that you bring into their life, even if you can’t be with them all the time.
>>>Are these tips about overcoming single-mom guilt helpful? What would you add to her takeaways? Tell us in the comments below.
If you feel you might need counseling but are hesitant, nervous, or embarassed to invest in yourself this way, let me assure you that going to counseling will be a gift to your entire family. As you get stronger, so will your family.
BetterHelp is so convenient for busy moms, and you can get 10% off your first month, by going to betterhelp.com/3in30.
Jane is a highly-curated, online boutique marketplace featuring the latest in women’s fashion trends, accessories, home decor, children’s clothing, and more. To see my favorite deals, go to jane.com/3in30.
-Get in touch with LaTasha Ferguson-
-Mentioned in the Episode about Overcoming Single-Mom Guilt-
-Related Episodes you might be interested in if you like this episode about Overcoming Single-Mom Guilt-
- 168: Mothering Through Divorce And Heartbreak // Tracie Pinnock
- 068: Healing After Betrayal In Your Marriage // Mika Perry
- 061: Avoiding Bedtime Battles // Marietta Paxson, Lmft
-Additional Resources from 3 in 30 Podcast-
- Sign up for my free mini-course on “How to Love Motherhood as Much as you Love your Children”! Go to 3in30podcast.com/learn.
- Order your copy of the Flecks of Gold Journal, a three-year journal to help you gather the golden moments within your motherhood!
- Join our community of heart-fueled mothers on Instagram!
- For a monthly recap of ALL of the takeaways from the month, sign up here.