Do you ever feel this tug inside to do something meaningful--something that utilizes your gifts and unique purpose-- yet can’t quite put their finger on what it is.
This may be especially true for women going through life transitions and entering new phases of motherhood. In the past few weeks I have gotten emails from women who have been full-time stay-at-home moms for years, but their youngest just entered kindergarten–or their youngest just left for college–and they find themselves feeling a bit lost and without a sense of purpose after so many years of devoted mothering.
The good news is, your life's purpose is totally independent of being a mother. I don't say that to be controversial or to downplay the importance of motherhood--you all know how much I love motherhood-- but in this episode you'll hear my guest Brooke Snow explain that a life purpose is more like a theme for your life.
In this episode, you will hear Brooke Snow’s insights on how we can clarify our life’s purpose and pursue it with joy.
Brook Snow’s Three Takeaways
- Pay attention to Curiosity and Desire.
- Create a Timeline of Your LifeTurns and look for the common themes.
- Your Life Purpose will always be about helping people.
If you feel you might need counseling but are hesitant, nervous, or embarassed to invest in yourself this way, let me assure you that going to counseling will be a gift to your entire family. As you get stronger, so will your family.
BetterHelp is so convenient for busy moms, and you can get 10% off your first month, by going to betterhelp.com/3in30.
Jane is a highly-curated, online boutique marketplace featuring the latest in women’s fashion trends, accessories, home decor, children’s clothing, and more. To see my favorite deals, go to jane.com/3in30.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Show:
Other Episodes You Might Be Interested In:
- 098: How To Hold Space For Your Creativity As A Parent // Elizabeth Bergeland And Ben Brashares
- 176: How To Find And Listen To Your Intuition // Camille Andros
- 174: Why To Try A Creative Hobby (Even If You Think You’ll Stink At It) // Lisa Funk Of Hand Lettered Design
-Additional Resources from 3 in 30 Podcast-
- Podcast U is open for enrollment for the FINAL time. We help busy moms learn how to start, grow, and monetize podcasts. Sign up for a class at 3in30podcast.com/podcastu, and use the code 3IN30 for 10% off. Doors close forever after Thursday, September 30!
- Sign up for my free mini-course on “How to Love Motherhood as Much as you Love your Children”! Go to 3in30podcast.com/learn.
- Order your copy of the Flecks of Gold Journal, a three-year journal to help you gather the golden moments within your motherhood!
- Join our community of heart-fueled mothers on Instagram!
- For a monthly recap of ALL of the takeaways from the month, sign up here.