Fun fact about me: I was born in an ambulance.
Yes, I was actually birthed in transit to the hospital, in the back of a speeding and sirens-blaring ambulance.
Throughout my life, my mom often used this as a metaphor for my nature as a go-getter and an overachiever. "Rachel came out running, and she never stopped," she would tell people.
I do love to get stuff done–but my drive to always be productive has often not been good for my health or my relationships. This has caused me to research how to have enough time for everything that matters, and in today's episode, I share 3 of my best takeaways.
- 3 Takeaways to How to Have Enough Time for Everything That Matters -
- Stop obsessing about time. Choose an empowering thought about time and repeat it to yourself when you get stressed out or write it down every morning as a reminder.
- Containerize your life, the way professional organizers containerize items in a closet or drawer. Create some divisions for the different areas of your life–work, hobbies, family, self-care–so you know what you need to be focusing on at any given time.
- Manage your focus, not your time. Let go of the desire to control how you use every minute of every day and instead get clear on where you want to invest focused thought and energy.
>>>Are these tips about having enough time helpful? What would you add to her takeaways? Tell us in the comments below.
- BetterHelp is so convenient for busy moms, and you can get 10% off your first month, by going to betterhelp.com/3in30.
- Learning with Kelsey is a subscription box for moms who want to teach their young children at home! Use the code 3IN30 for 50% off your first month
-Mentioned in the Episode about How to Have Time for Everything that Matters -
-Related Episodes you might be interested in if you like this episode about How to Have Time for Everything that Matters -
- 131: How To Dig Yourself Out Of Overwhelm As A Busy Mom // April Perry
- 144: Make Over Your Morning Routines // Crystal Paine
- 062: Is It Possible to Balance Work and Motherhood? // Crystalee Beck of the Mama Ladder
-Additional Resources from 3 in 30 Podcast-
- Sign up for my free mini-course on “How to Love Motherhood as Much as you Love your Children”! Go to 3in30podcast.com/learn.
- Order your copy of the Flecks of Gold Journal, a three-year journal to help you gather the golden moments within your motherhood!
- Join our community of heart-fueled mothers on Instagram!
- For a monthly recap of ALL of the takeaways from the month, sign up here.