It’s that time of year again…we are into the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, which is one of my favorite times of year. But it can also be a time that starts to feel really overwhelming and stressful if we let it, so for today’s episode, I wanted to focus on SIMPLE holiday traditions to connect generations and create meaningful holiday memories for our children.
I pulled a very special episode from the archives to re-air as an encore today. In this episode, I share three ways that my grandparents created holiday traditions to connect generations with love as I was growing up.
I also get my grandparents on the phone with me to share some of their memories of Christmases in the 1930s! You are going to love their personality and spunk, as they share memories from their childhood Christmases. My heart just melts at the sound of their voices, especially because they have both passed away in the years since this episode was originally recorded. I am so grateful for all of the Christmas Eves that I spent in their home when I was a child.
Listen as I reflect on how to create cherished traditions that your children and maybe even grandchildren will remember.
Happy Holidays to all of you. I truly love and appreciate you!
1) Choose a special food to serve every year during the holidays. For me, it was my Granny’s famous orange rolls! It could be a special dessert or even main dish that only comes out for special occasions.
2) Give the same meaningful gift each year. This could be a Christmas ornament, a holiday book, or a board game that the family can play together. This will become an anchor that your children and grandchildren will look forward to.
3) Participate in the same memorable activity each year. My Grandpa always read us the “Tommy Right and Left” Christmas story while we passed around candybars. Get creative and choose something that really fits your unique family.
- Apostrophe: Use code 3IN30 for $15 off your first visit with an online dermatologist.
- Dreamland Baby Co: Use code 3IN30 for 20% off weighted sleep products for infants and toddlers.
- My Flecks of Gold Journal is a perfect gift for any mother in your life (including yourself!).