I am an Amazon Prime mom. I live in a small town with not many local shopping options, so I ship a lot of gifts from Amazon because they carry everything. The sheer volume of things available to shop is astounding. Similarly, our brains have endless thoughts for us to shop.
My guest, Emily Ricks, does an excellent job of relating an abstract concept of choosing our thoughts to something we are all familiar with. Online shopping. Emily is a mom of 4 kids and a certified Christian life coach. She works one-one-one with moms to choose their thoughts that create their emotions so they can fill their homes with joy. Today she is going to teach how to choose joyful thoughts.
- 3 Takeaways for Choosing Joyful Thoughts-
- Use your emotions as clues. Get curious and ask questions so you can start to see the connection between the emotions you are experiencing and the thoughts that preceded that emotion. Remember, your emotion is simply delivered because of the thought you ordered
- Give your thoughts "product reviews." Rate each thought from zero to five based on the emotion(s) it makes you feel and how much it serves and blesses your life. This allows you to challenge the thought that creates the emotion so you can choose a different thought next time if you want to.
- Tell your brain what you ARE looking for. If you want to find thoughts that create joy it is best to define that. What does joy feel like for you? Is it being unhurried or feeling motivated? And remember, in order to figure out what you want for your life, it can help you can look at your resentments because your resentments are often a window to your desires.
>>>Are these tips about choosing joyful thoughts helpful? What would you add to her takeaways? Tell us in the comments below.
- Apostrophe: Use code 3IN30 for $15 off your first visit with an online dermatologist.
- I Believe in Me , an online membership program for middle school girls, ages 11-13
- BetterHelp: Use the code 3IN30 for get 10% off your first month.
-Get in touch with Emily-
- Website: www.emilyrickscoaching.com
- Instagram: @emilyrickscoaching
-Mentioned in this Episode-
- Freebie: Unsubscribing from Thoughts freebie
-Related Episodes for Choosing Joyful Thoughts-