As moms, our lives can often feel full to the point of bursting. Sometimes we feel busy in good ways--our lives are full of people we love, hobbies we love, and commitments we have purposefully chosen. Other times we feel busy in overwhelming ways--our lives are full of to-do lists, messes, commitments we don't actually want to be doing, and management of all of the moving parts of family life without much reward. How can we manage all of this better?
In today's episode, we are going to be focusing on actionable ways to create more time as a busy mom, and not just for the sake of doing more…but rather for the sake of living more fully.
My guest is one of my dearest friends and a returning guest of the podcast, Candi Kidd. Candi is truly a master of building family systems and productivity at home, and today she is back on the podcast to teach us some practical strategies for saving time in our lives as moms. This is part one of a two-part series with Candi this month, and I can't wait for all of us to learn from her.
3 Takeaways to create more time:
- Practice life stacking. Remember, life stacking is one activity that covers many areas of your life. For example: every Monday, Candi meets her friend to walk around a nearby pond. In that time she is getting physical activity, developing a friendship, training her dog, and spending time outside. This week, take some time to consider which of your important priorities you could stack together.
- Use sharp tools. As moms, we can work really hard without getting results, and it’s often because we don’t have the right tools. We might need to invest in or upgrade our actual tools, or we might need to invest time or money into learning and finding mentorship to improve our skills, so we can get faster at the tasks that matter to us.
- Practice time multiplying. This is when we put in the work in upfront to receive the benefits later. I am happy to report that since the time of recording this episode, I invested some upfront time in getting my password situation figured out. The real hero here was my podcast editor Christy who helped me compile all my passwords together and get them entered into an online tool called LastPass.
>>>Are these tips for how to create more time helpful? What would you add to the takeaways? Tell us in the comments below.
-Get in touch with our Guest! -
Organization Consults: https://www.intentionalish.com/services-1
- Bombas: Get 20% off your first purchase at bombas.com/3in30
- Ana Luisa Jewelry: Go to shop.analuisa.com/3in30 for up to 40% off.
- BetterHelp: Use the code 3in30 to get 10% off your first month of online therapy!
-Mentioned in the Episode-
- "Stack your Life for More Natural Movement," Nutritious Movement Podcast
- Procrastination on Purpose by Rory Vaden
-Candi's Episodes on 3 in 30-
-Related Episodes like this one on creating more time-