In honor of the Self-Assured Motherhood Program enrollment opening today, we are going to talk about one of the nine foundational topics that we explore in this program.
When I emailed the alumni of the program and asked which topic had had the most impact on them personally, so many of them mentioned this unit– Sanctify Your Soul-Care, and they shared with me super poignant and powerful stories of how they had applied this concept into their lives. I invited three of those women to come on the podcast today to share those stories with all of you, because I think every mom could probably use some help in this area.
1) From Celeste: Remember that your needs matter just as much as everyone else in your family. Include yourself in your own circle of care, and quietly say to yourself or even aloud to your children, “I know you have needs. I have needs too. I am going to take care of all of us.”
2) From Tiffany: Inventory the way you are spending your time to make sure that there is room for Soul-Care. Carefully consider which of your responsibilities aren’t actually necessary and aren’t actually fulfilling for you, and make the brave choice to step away from those so you have more space to give to yourself.
3) From Abby: Build small acts of soul-care into everyday moments and outings with your kids. Check in with yourself to see how you are doing, and make sure to meet your physical, emotional, and even sensory needs. This will help you to be at your best during the inevitable chaotic moments that you will experience with your children.
>>Are these tips about Soul-Care helpful? What would you add to the takeaways? Tell us in the comments below.
- Little Spoon: 50% OFF your first Little Spoon order with the code 3IN30 at check out.
- BetterHelp: Use the code 3in30 to get 10% off your first month of online therapy!
- Rothys: $20 off your first purchase
- Attend one of my FREE classes to learn more about the Self-Assured Motherhood Program
- Sign up for the Self-Assured Motherhood Program!
- “Mommy Is A Person” by April Perry
- Happy as a Mother podcast
-Related Episodes like this one about Soul-Care-