I am coming off of an incredibly busy season. I’ve spent the last several months working on the launch of the Self-Assured Motherhood Program, overhauling the website and workbook, refining the curriculum, and trying to get the word out to as many women as possible through our marketing campaigns. The launch ended on Friday, and I’m thrilled to say that we have 75 amazing women who signed up for the round–I’m so excited to get to know them better, and all the hard work was worth it!
In the midst of preparing for this launch, when I was feeling very stretched and overwhelmed, I remembered that I’d had a similarly busy season a few years ago when I was preparing for several in-person workshops and big projects and events, and I had recorded an IG Live with three takeaways about how I was getting through it and maintaining some semblance of balance and emotional and mental health. I went back and watched that IG Live so I could hear some of my own words of wisdom, and I loved the takeaways that I shared there, so I decided to re-air that IG Live here on the podcast, in case some of you are in busy seasons and need some tips for how to manage it all with less stress.
1) Create a t-chart on a sheet or paper and label the left side “necessary” and the right side “nice.” Then on the left side, list the things that you absolutely must get done in order for the project you are working on to be completed and on the right side list the things that are extra touches but not absolutely essential.
2) Choose just three essential things for your self-care that you will not sacrifice no matter how busy you are. These can be simple, such as make your bed, get ready for the day, drink a certain amount of water, or read at least a verse from your scriptures daily. Whatever makes you feel like a more stable human!
3) Refuse to spiral. When sneaky thoughts come into your mind like “I can’t do this!” or “The stress is too much” take a deep breath and remind yourself to take it one day at a time. Giving in to the tidal wave of overwhelm just leads to more overwhelm. Just keep swimming!
>>>Are these tips about how not to stress helpful? What would you add to the takeaways? Tell us in the comments below.
- BetterHelp: Use the code 3in30 to get 10% off your first month of online therapy!
- Kiwi Co: Use code 3in30 for 50% off your first month + free shipping on any crate line!
-Related Episodes like this one about How to Not Stress-
I will be teaching a class at Pinner’s Conference in Utah which is happening on Friday, November 4th and Saturday, November 5th, and I would love for you to come! Pinners is a conference featuring over 100 classes on a huge variety of topics, and it’s also a market with over 200 small businesses featuring their creative, unique products.