Mom-life often feels anything BUT simple. Managing toddler tantrums, managing work deadlines, managing sick kids who call from school and mess up those work deadlines, managing emotional and behavioral needs…Did we miss that doctor appointment I scheduled a month ago? And how will I get there when I am also supposed to be dropping off a child at soccer? And does anyone have clean underwear right now?
The to-do list of a mom can feel endless, and the mental chatter that accompanies that to-do list can be even heavier.
Is there a way to just simplify all of this? To cut through the noise and the distraction and gain more clarity around what actually needs to be done and what we can let go?
Today's guest is going to share some really tangible ideas for us on how to do just that. Chanelle Neilson is a life coach who helps moms put themselves on the list without leaving their family behind. As a mom of 5 kids, Chanelle knows that motherhood has its challenges—that’s why she is passionate about helping moms simplify so they can prioritize what matters and define success for themselves. She is the former host and creator of the popular Moms Who Know Podcast and the author of the book Parents Who Know, and she currently hosts the Moms Life Made Simple Podcast. I knew we needed to have her as a guest on 3 in 30 as we head into this new year because don't we all just crave a bit more simplicity this year?
3 Takeaways from Chanelle Nielson
- Simplify your routines. We would all love to have perfect, multi-step routines that we effortlessly complete every day, but that's not reasonable for most of us. So while it's okay to have an ideal routine that you strive for, be sure to have a simplified version for those days when you just can't pull off all of it. This requires being able to differentiate between what is essential and what is a bonus.
- Simplify your to-do list. Instead of writing a big long to-do list every day, narrow it down to a Big 3--the three most important things you want to accomplish that day, even if they aren't the easiest things or the most "check-off-able." This will keep you moving forward on your top priorities and minimize the time you spend task-switching.
- Simplify your thoughts. When your mind is full of negative chatter, you will feel bogged down and unclear. If you can gain some clarity around what programs are playing in your head and then choose some simple thoughts that you would rather have and practice coming back to them over and over again, you will start to change the way you think about yourself and your life.
>>>Are these tips about Simplifying Mom-Life from Chanelle Neilson helpful? What would you add to the takeaways? Tell us in the comments below.
-Get in touch with our Guest! -
Podcast: MOMS Life Made Simple
- BetterHelp: This episode is sponsored by BetterHelp. Use the code 3in30 to get 10% off your first month of online therapy!
- PrepDish: Visit prepdish.com/3in30 for a FREE two-week trial!
- Kiwi Co: Use code 3in30 for 50% off your first month on any crate line!
-Mentioned in the Episode-
- Free Self-Care Checklist
- Book: Eat That Frog
- Thriving in Motherhood Planner from Jessica Jackson
- Selfcare for moms ebook
- Rachel’s episode with the MOMS Life Made Simple Podcast
-Related Episodes like this one with Chanelle Nielson-
For today’s episode, I pulled a beautiful interview from the archives with a friend of mine. Tessa Brown is an artist and a mother of three who strives to live each day with intention and love. The idea for this episode came several years ago when she emailed me and shared a bit about…...READ MORE
ANNOUNCEMENT: My Flecks of Gold Journals are not going to be for sale again until November. Go to 3in30podcast.com/flecksofgold to see the journal and read more about how it works. Act now! We only have a few left in stock! *** Alyssa is the founder and CEO of Seed & Sew, an organization committed…...READ MORE
For years, I have aspired to have a better morning routine. If you’re a long-time listener of the show, you’ve heard me talk about this many times. I am naturally a bit scattered, and consistency and discipline don’t come easily to me–but I know a solid morning routine would make my whole life run more…...READ MORE
I chose to invite my friend Susie Salinas to come on the show to talk about family systems because this is the only goal I have set myself for this new year. In 2023, I want to invest some major focus and energy into getting good systems in place for the management of my home…...READ MORE
Our Flecks of Gold Journals are going to be a seasonal offering only. If you want to change your perspective on motherhood in 2023, order your own beautiful, linen bound, Flecks of Gold Journal today by going to 3in30podcast.com/flecksofgold. This journal won’t be for sale again for almost a year, so hurry and grab…...READ MORE
Awww, the unique challenge and blessing of having a strong-willed child. If you have one, or several, you know what I’m talking about, and in today’s episode I am interviewing an expert who is going to help us! Wendy Snyder is a Positive Parenting educator and family life coach & advocate who first got started…...READ MORE
I struggled to decide when to air this episode about new year’s traditions, but I’m giving it to you now with the caveat that you can just let these ideas simmer over the next few weeks, and then, if you want to, take action in a way that feels exciting to you and that aligns…...READ MORE
The Flecks of Gold Journal sale ends today! Get $5 off automatically through December 5th, and get an additional 10% off with the code 3IN30. Go to https://shop.3in30podcast.com/ to learn more! If you already have a journal and love sharing it with others, we have something for you as well. We just launched…...READ MORE
*** One of the greatest blessings of my life is that I grew up living close to my grandparents. For the first eight years of my life, I actually lived just a mile or so away from them and we attended the same church every week, and even after we moved to a different…...READ MORE
For today’s episode, we’re addressing the all-too-common “Mom Burnout.” Do you ever feel the overwhelm, the exhaustion, the feeling of having too little time and resources and support to do all you need to do? How do you get past this feeling? How do you find joy in your motherhood and feel more…...READ MORE