A lot of parents are now “accidentally” homeschooling their children. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, schools are closed and it is now our responsibility to educate our children at home, even if that wasn’t the plan.
That’s why I knew I needed a homeschooling how to and some true experts on the show to help us all out in our time of desperation. So today on the podcast, we have two moms who have definitely reached expert status for several reasons: First, they each have nine children–yes, 18 kids between them–and second, they have been homeschooling all of those children for over a decade! That is a truly heroic and superhuman feat in my mind.
And yet, they don’t see themselves as superhuman–they see themselves as normal moms doing their best to love and raise good children, just like all of us. They are on a mission to inspire moms to find joy in the chaos of motherhood through their weekly podcast called Outnumbered–which is such a hilarious and perfect title because they are obviously way outnumbered by their 9 children each. Yet they mother with grace, resilience, and joy every day.
I can’t wait to share this conversation about homeschool tips with you. Listen now.
Homeschooling How To
In this episode we discuss
- How and why to prioritize self-care during survival mode times
- How to build in one-on-one time with each child (because it is the most impactful type of “schooling”)
- How to “start small” with learning-rich experiences and build on that.
This months’ sponsor of 3 in 30 is Betterhelp, the world’s leading provider of online therapy. Their mission is to make professional counseling accessible, affordable, and convenient, so anyone who struggles with life’s challenges can get help.
With online counseling, you can get help on your own time and at your own pace. You can schedule secure video or phone sessions, plus chat and text with your therapist.
To get started, simply go to betterhelp.com/3in30 and fill out the on boarding questionnaire to help them assess your needs and match you with a counselor you’ll love. 3 in 30 listeners get 10% off your first month with the discount code 3IN30.
Get a ticket to Rachel’s online workshop, Declutter your Motherhood!
Go to 3in30podcast.com/online for all the details!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Show:
- Outnumbered the Podcast
- Episode 35: Homeschooling 101
- Episode 59: Family Friendly Activities for All Ages
- @thejohnson files on Instagram
Other Episodes You Might Be Interested In:
- Episode 33: How to Get Your Kids to Do Quiet Time
- Episode 83: Are Kids Today Harder Than They Were in the Past?
- Episode 111: Three Simple Strategies to Avoid Mom Burn-Out
- Episode 64: Makeover Your Mornings
Helpful Blog Posts
- Biggest gift of homeschooling
- Our daily homeschooling schedule
- Homeschool: How do you know if it’s right for you?
- A Day in the Life of Homeschooling 9 Kids
What did you find most helpful about this homeschooling how to episode? Let me know in a comment below!