If you have a dream, big or small, that’s been tugging on your heart–or if you’ve allowed your fears to get in the way of you showing up fully in the world–this episode is for YOU.
Brooke White is a musician and a mother of two. She has recorded nine albums, including her latest incredible release, Calico. Brooke got her “big break” when she appeared in season 7 of American Idol and finished in the Top 5.
In the midst of this success, when the world saw a beautiful young woman with talent and fame, Brooke faced debilitating anxiety and fears that she wasn’t good enough.
In our conversation today, we discuss…
- how Brooke faced harsh criticism in a very public review in a LA music magazine (she reads it aloud on this episode!)
- how Brooke made a big mistake in front of 40 million viewers on American Idol
- how Brooke survived those moments, and many others that have come before and after, and has continued to pursue music with a self-confidence rooted in love, faith, and gratitude
In this episode, Brooke and I laugh, we tell stories, and yes, we sing. Well, Brooke does.
You don’t want to miss this truly unique and inspiring episode of 3 in 30.
Three Takeaways on How to Show Up With Confidence
1) “All you need is love” (not confidence) to get started in pursuing a passion–focus on your love for that thing and the confidence will come in time.
2) Be willing to step into “the ring of fire” and feel all of the feelings–especially the negative ones.
3) “Don’t stop believing, hold on to that feeling” of GRATITUDE for where you are and where you’ve been.
- Brooke White’s Newest Album, Calico
- Brooke White’s Instagram
- Brooke White’s YouTube channel
- Brooke’s Spotify List
- Brooke Castillo’s Podcast, The Life Coach School
- Clarifying your Life’s Purpose // Brooke Snow
- How to Find Time for Personal Development as a Mom: The 3 Ps // Mary Jenkins
- What If I’m Jealous? // Monica Packer
- How to Stop Being Mean to Yourself
Many thanks to this month’s sponsor, Betterhelp!
Betterhelp is the world’s largest provider of therapy, done 100% online. Join over a million people who are taking control of their mental health, and get 10% off your first month. Go to betterhelp.com/3in30 to get started!
Do you have any extra tips on how to show confidence? Let me know in a comment below!