Do you worry about your social media usage and how it might be affecting your kids? If so, you’re not alone. Most mothers I know struggle to find a balance between being present in their everyday lives and engaging with media that they value online.
I struggle with this balance every day, particularly since I started 3 in 30. For a while there, I found that my social media use was getting out of control and it was easy for me to justify as “necessary for my business.” But deep down, I knew that was an excuse–and I also knew that if I was going to use this podcast to encourage mothers to be intentional and present with their families, then I needed to be doing my best to also live that way in my day-to-day life.
So over the past several years, I’ve experimented with some concrete strategies to help me balance my social media use with being present in my motherhood, and although I am FAR from perfect at this, it has helped me a lot, and I hope that the three tools presented in today’s episode will help you as well!
Three Takeaways for Finding a “Happy Balance” with Social Media Usage
- DEFINE what you love about social media (and what you don’t)
- REFINE your feed so what you love is about social media is actually reflected by the accounts you follow and engage with
- DESIGN your day so you have intentional blocks of social media time
>>> For a FREE worksheet to help you apply these three takeaways to YOUR social media use, visit 3in30podcast.com/momsummit <<<
- I Am Mom Summit YouTube Channel
- I Am Mom Summit Website
- Free PDF to help you find a happy balance with social media: 3in30podcast.com/momsummit
- Sign up for Rachel’s weekly newsletter and recap of ALL of the takeaways from the month! 3in30podcast.com/takeaways
- Episode 114: How to Stop Looking at your Phone So Much – And Why It Matters // Dr. Katie Penry
- Episode 057: How to Document Your Family Without Torturing Them // Rebecca Sior
- Episode 050: How to Actually Listen to your Children // Kim Jacobs
Many thanks to this month’s sponsor, Betterhelp!
Betterhelp is the world’s largest provider of therapy, done 100% online. Join over a million people who are taking control of their mental health, and get 10% off your first month. Go to betterhelp.com/3in30 to get started!
How do you balance social media usage in your life? Let me know in a comment below!