This week marks the SECOND BIRTHDAY of 3 in 30! Sometimes I feel like I’ve known the amazing women in this community forever, but we’re only just getting started! To celebrate, I want to start off by having four women share their three takeaways from various topics:
Vanessa Nielsen is the mom to three little girls. She was born and raised in Mexico, and her husband was born in Ecuador. They are raising their girls in Phoenix, Arizona as bilingual English/Spanish speakers as a way to honor their roots. Vanessa is sharing her three takeaways for how to mother differently than everyone around you:
- You don’t have to do it alone. Brainstorming ways to get help, support, and encouragement makes momming differently much less overwhelming and exhausting.
- Focus on the similarities, not the differences. It’s easy to feel isolated, but finding commonalities helps both friend and family relationships thrive.
- Focus on your why, and keep it close.
Vanessa’s Instagram: @solbookbox
Vanessa’s blog: bilingualbookworm.com
Kristen Goodman lives in Mesa Arizona with her husband and four daughters. Kristen understands how fun, busy, and EMOTIONAL life can be, so today she is sharing three takeaways for how to allow your children to feel their emotions:
- Acceptance: expect and accept the fact that your children are going to feel negative emotion
- Use the thought, “My kids can worry and I don’t have to.” Getting to a place of peace, trust and love helps so much more than being sad and worried with them.
- Non judgmental listening: listen to your kids without offering advice!
Kristen’s website: kristengoodmancoaching.com
Kristen’s Instagram: @kristengoodmancoaching
Katie Rössler is a licensed professional counselor from the USA living in Munich, Germany with her husband and two young daughters. Katie is sharing three takeaways for using family meetings to build connection and trust:
- Family meetings/couples check-ins are a great way for everyone to get on the same page
- Family meetings create space for communication: we all just want to be heard, but we’re so busy!
- Family meetings build trust through accountability and routine
Katie’s Instagram: @katie.positive.connections
Joanne Jarrett lives in rural Montana with her husband and two teenage daughters. She is a family physician turned stay-at-home mom. Joanne’s takeaways are 3 tactics for raising honest kids:
- Teach your children to say something honest when they are making verbal amends for wrong doing
- Teach your children something honest and thoughtful to say when they are receiving a gift
- Model honesty by refraining from making empty threats
Find Joanne at: cozyclothesblog.com
Joanne’s podcast: Fancy Free
–And now I want to hear about YOUR 3 takeaways! Share on Instagram with a picture of yourself holding up three fingers, and don’t forget to use the hashtag: #my3in30.
I will respond to every single post I see! So if I haven’t left a comment, I haven’t seen it yet. Tag me again, or take a photo and send it to me if you have a private account.
I can’t wait to learn from all of you!
Visit 3in30podcast.com/birthday for more details!